Our 2018 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to New York City on September 15, 2018.
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event that provides a forum for patients, caregivers, and advocates to meet together along with scientific and healthcare experts to learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers.
The program will be held on Saturday, September 15, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation by Charles Drake, M.D., Ph.D. (NYP/CUMC)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion moderated by Charles Drake, M.D., Ph.D. (NYP/CUMC) with
- Jedd Wolchok, M.D., Ph.D. (MSKCC)
- Catherine M. Diefenbach, M.D. (NYU Langone)
- Gulam A. Manji, M.D., Ph.D. (NYP/CUMC)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk by Karen Koehler, leukemia survivor treated with immunotherapy
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation by Cancer Research Institute staff
- 1:15pm: Immunotherapy patient panel
- Kerry Alvarado (pancreatic cancer)
- Belur Bhagavan, M.D. (bladder cancer)
- Gloria Garcia (small cell lung cancer)
- Adrienne Skinner (metastatic ampullary cancer with Lynch syndrome)
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups with a deeper dive Q&A on
- melanoma, moderated by Margaret Callahan, M.D., Ph.D (MSKCC)
- blood cancers, moderated by Catherine M. Diefenbach, M.D. (NYU Langone)
- gastrointestinal cancers, moderated by Gulam A. Manji, M.D., Ph.D. (NYP/CUMC)
- general immunotherapy, moderated by Charles Drake, M.D., Ph.D. (NYP/CUMC)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Join us at Columbia University Medical Center, Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center
104 Haven Avenue, New York, NY 10032 on Saturday, September 15, 2018.
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.