Our 2019 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to New York City on September 7, 2019.
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event for patients, caregivers, and advocates. Attendees learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers, ask healthcare experts and cancer veterans questions directly, and network with others.
The program will be held on Saturday, September 7, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation with Vamsidhar Velcheti, M.D. (NYU Langone)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion
- Vamsidhar Velcheti, M.D. (NYU Langone), moderator
- Sylvia Adams, M.D. (NYU Langone)
- Claire Friedman, M.D. (MSKCC)
- Gulam A. Manji, M.D., Ph.D. (CUIMC)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk with Mary Elizabeth Willliams, melanoma veteran
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated with immunotherapy
- Tara (melanoma)
- Oswald (lung cancer)
- Dorothy (esophageal cancer)
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with expert physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- Breast Cancer, moderated by Sylvia Adams, M.D. (NYU Langone)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer, moderated by Gulam A. Manji, M.D., Ph.D. (CUIMC)
- Gynecologic Cancer, moderated by Claire Friedman, M.D. (MSKCC)
- General Immunotherapy, moderated by Vamsidhar Velcheti, M.D. (NYU Langone)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Join us at Perlmutter Cancer Center, NYU Langone Health, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016 on Saturday, September 7, 2019.
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.