Our 2019 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to Boston on July 27, 2019.
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event for patients, caregivers, and advocates. Attendees learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers, ask healthcare experts and cancer veterans questions directly, and network with others.
The program will be held on Saturday, July 27, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction by Cancer Research Institute and Laurie Glimcher, M.D. (Dana-Farber)
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion, moderated by David Reardon, M.D., (Dana-Farber) with Suzanne Baumeister, M.D. (Boston Children's Hospital); Justin Gainor, M.D. (Mass General); Kimmie Ng, M.D., MPH (Dana-Farber)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated with immunotherapy
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with expert physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- childhood cancer, moderated by Susanne Baumeister, M.D. (Boston Children's Hospital)
- gastrointestinal cancer moderated by Kimmie Ng, M.D., MPH (Dana-Farber)
- lung and esophageal cancers, moderated by Justin Gainor, M.D. (Mass General)
- general immunotherapy, moderated by David Reardon, M.D. (Dana-Farber)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Join us at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Yawkey Center for Cancer Care, Lavine Family Dining Pavilion, 3rd Floor, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 on Saturday, July 27, 2019.
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.