Our 2018 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to San Diego on October 27, 2018.
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event that provides a forum for patients, caregivers, and advocates to meet together along with scientific and healthcare experts to learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers.
The program will be held on Saturday, October 27, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation by Ezra Cohen, M.D. (UCSD)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion moderated by Ezra Cohen, M.D. (UCSD) with
- Aaron Miller, M.D., Ph.D. (UCSD)
- Sandip Patel, M.D. (UCSD)
- Rebecca Shatsky, M.D. (UCSD)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk by Kristin Kleinhofer, who received immunotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation by Cancer Research Institute staff
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated in clinical trials
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with expert physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- breast cancer, moderated by Rebecca Shatsky, M.D. (UCSD)
- lung cancer, moderated by Sandip P. Patel, M.D. (UCSD)
- gastrointestinal cancers, moderated by Aaron Miller, M.D., Ph.D. (UCSD)
- general immunotherapy, moderated by Ezra Cohen, M.D. (UCSD)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.