Our 2019 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to Baltimore on November 16, 2019.
Read Baltimore Summit Recap
View the Baltimore Summit photos:
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event for patients, caregivers, and advocates. Attendees learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers, ask healthcare experts and cancer veterans questions directly, and network with others.
The program is held on Saturday, November 16, begins at 10:00am, and concludes at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation with Elizabeth M. Jaffee, M.D. (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg~Kimmel Institute)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion moderated by Elizabeth M. Jaffee, M.D. (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg~Kimmel Institute) with
- Marijo Bilusic, M.D., Ph.D. (National Cancer Institute)
- Ranee Mehra, M.D. (Universirty of Maryland Medical System)
- Suzanne L. Topalian, M.D. (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg~Kimmel Institute)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk: A message from Adrienne Skinner, metastatic ampullary cancer survivor with Lynch syndrome
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated with immunotherapy for colorectal cancer, lung cancer, and lymphoma
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with expert physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- Melanoma, moderated by Megan Schollenberger, CRNP
- Genitourinary cancer, moderated by Marijo Bilusic, M.D., Ph.D.
- Lung cancer, moderated by Ranee Mehra, M.D.
- General immunotherapy, moderated by Elizabeth M. Jaffe, M.D.
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Join us at Mount Washington Conference Center, 5801 Smith Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21209 on Saturday, November 16, 2019.
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.