CRI Immunotherapy Patient Summit Series
Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summits are free Saturday events that provide a forum for patients, caregivers, and advocates to meet together along with scientific and healthcare experts to learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers.
In 2020, the Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to Seattle, Buffalo, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, and Houston. Register today at no cost for the event nearest to you.
We plan to help keep CRI Immunotherapy Patient Summit registrants safe, healthy, and engaged as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) affects communities across the globe. We’re monitoring this rapidly evolving situation closely and following guidelines of federal, state, and city health officials as well as consulting with experts at our partner medical institutions to ensure the health and safety of all attendees and participants. We will continue to base any decisions about this series on the most current available information and will keep registrants informed as circumstances develop. We thank you for your understanding.
The CRI Immunotherapy Patient Summits in Seattle on March 7 and in Buffalo on April 18 have been canceled due to the evolving developments related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and will be rescheduled for a later date.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens at a summit?
The program will be held on a Saturday, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from the Cancer Research Institute and hosting partner
- 10:15am: "Basics of Immunotherapy" presentation by a leading physician-scientist
- 10:45am: "Immunotherapy Research Update" panel discussion with four physician-scientists with expertise in immunotherapy
- 11:30am: "Patient Perspective" talk by a patient treated with immunotherapy
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: "Demystifying Clinical Trials" presentation by the Cancer Research Institute
- 1:15pm: "Patient Perspectives" panel discussion with patients treated with immunotherapy
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks from the Cancer Research Institute
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Each summit has a unique mix of expert physicians and patients, so be sure to check who will be in each city and what cancer types will be covered in the breakout sessions.
Who should attend?
We invite people of all ages and cancer types. Caregivers, friends, family, and advocates are also encouraged to attend.
Why should I attend?
Learn the basics of immunotherapy and the latest research, get a better understanding of clinical trials and whether they are a good option for you, and gain perspective from other patients treated with immunotherapy. Let some of our summit attendees and speakers explain:
Can I attend virtually?
Register for the Live Stream event to attend an Immunotherapy Patient Summit virtually. You can also follow the event on social media with the hashtag #CRISummit.
Thank you to our educational partners and community champions who have shared this resource with their communities:
- New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
- San Francisco [PDF] (July 8, 2017)
- Chicago [PDF] (August 6, 2017)
- New York City [PDF] (September 23, 2017)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 23, 2017)
- Tampa [PDF] (December 9, 2017)
- Houston [PDF] (January 27, 2018)
- San Francisco [PDF] (June 30, 2018)
- New York City [PDF] (September, 15, 2018)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 15, 2018)
- San Diego [PDF] (October 27, 2018)
- Houston [PDF] (December 7, 2018)
- San Diego [PDF] (June 29, 2019)
- Boston [PDF] (July 27, 2019)
- New York City [PDF] (September 7, 2019)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 7, 2019)
- Houston (October 26, 2019)
- Baltimore (November 16, 2019)
A browser plugin may be required for PDF files found this page.