We recognize that patients and caregivers looking into cancer immunotherapy as a potential treatment option often face an uphill battle in understanding the technical language of immunology.
To help explain the science behind immunotherapy, we have prepared this free, downloadable guide: Cancer and the Immune System: The Vital Connection (12MB PDF).
This patient primer is written with the curious layperson in mind and answers a number of commonly asked questions about cancer, the immune system, and cancer immunotherapy.
Download the free ebook
The ebook will equip you with a basic understanding of cancer biology, how our immune system works, and the range of rapidly developing treatments that fall into the category of immunotherapies as well as definitions for the terminology of immuno-oncology.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INTRODUCTION: REVISITING THE “C” WORD
- PART 1: WHAT IS CANCER?
- 1.1 Cell Division, Mutations, and Cancer
- 1.2 How Cancer Develops
- 1.3 Cancer Incidence and Mortality in the U.S.
- 1.4 Cancer and the Immune System
- PART 2: THE HUMAN IMMUNE SYSTEM
- 2.1 Innate Immunity: Our First Line of Defense
- 2.2 Adaptive Immunity: Learning the Enemy’s Tricks
- 2.3 Inflammation: Linking Innate and Adaptive Immunity
- 2.4 The Humoral Immune Response: Making Antibodies
- 2.5 The Cellular Immune Response: Making “Killer” T Cells
- 2.6 Tolerance and the Problem of Autoimmunity
- PART 3: CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY
- 3.1 Historical Origins
- 3.2 Non-Specific Immune Stimulants
- 3.3 Antibody Immunotherapies
- 3.4 Cancer Vaccines
- 3.5 Checkpoint Blockade
- 3.6 Adoptive Cell Therapy
- 3.7 Combinations: The Future of Cancer Immunotherapy
Download your free copy here. (12MB PDF)
A browser plugin may be required for the PDF file found this page.