Open Position: Social Media Manager
The Cancer Research Institute is seeking a Social Media Manager to join its Marketing team.
Founded in 1953, the Cancer Research Institute (CRI) is dedicated to accelerating the discovery and development of immunotherapies to control and eventually cure all cancers. Guided by an expert Scientific Advisory Council, CRI invests in the most critical research, the development of promising new treatments, and unites the efforts of the field’s leaders worldwide. Through this work, CRI is transforming the paradigm of cancer therapy, enabling patients to live long, healthier lives free form the fear of cancer. The field of cancer immunology has made significant progress in the past decade. The successful application of basic research knowledge to the clinic has resulted in meaningful patient benefit. CRI’s focus on research will help to expand these treatment successes to more cancer patients throughout the next decade and beyond.
Cancer Research Institute is seeking a full-time, permanent Social Media Manager to oversee and execute the social media functions for Cancer Research Institute. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging social media’s power to build brand awareness and engage diverse communities. Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the social media manager is responsible for developing effective messaging strategies, producing quality content, analyzing performance, and executing social media campaigns. The social media manager will work with stakeholders across the organization in key initiatives, including fundraising appeals, awareness campaigns, and events.
The position is currently remote, but the new Social Media Manager would be expected to work out of our NYC Financial District office beginning in autumn 2021.
- Grow social audiences and increase engagement
- Develop and implement social media strategy across multiple channels
- Align social media campaigns with marketing and fundraising strategy
- Optimize organizational and campaign branding and content for social media
- Create, publish, and share a steady stream of relevant and scientifically accurate content
- Define clear CTAs to drive engagement, website visits, and conversions
- Gather social media analytics data and present insights
- Discover and promote community members with powerful and inspiring stories, including donors, fundraisers, patients, scientists, and others
- Communicate with followers from proactive community management to reactive responses to inquiries
- Stay up to date with tools and trends on social media
- Degree in communications, marketing, public health, other relevant field, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years experience managing a brand’s social media presence across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Reddit, TikTok, Vimeo
- Familiarity with social media management and listening tools such as Sprout Social and Pulsar
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Good grasp of effective visuals on social media
- Facility in prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines
- Highly creative and collaborative
- Experience in science, medical, or health industries preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in cancer research, the patient experience, and donor motivation preferred
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and links to social media accounts you have managed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cancer Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.