The Cancer Research Institute is seeking a Content Manager to join their Communications team in New York City.
Founded in 1953, the Cancer Research Institute (CRI) is dedicated to accelerating the discovery and development of immunotherapies to control and eventually cure all cancers. Guided by an expert Scientific Advisory Council, CRI invests in the most critical research, the development of promising new treatments, and unites the efforts of the field’s leaders worldwide. Through this work, CRI is transforming the paradigm of cancer therapy, enabling patients to live long, healthier lives free form the fear of cancer. The field of cancer immunology has made significant progress in the past decade. The successful application of basic research knowledge to the clinic has resulted in meaningful patient benefit. CRI’s focus on research will help to expand these treatment successes to more cancer patients throughout the next decade and beyond.
The Cancer Research Institute is seeking a dynamic Content Manager to join their Communications team in New York City. Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the Content Manager will be responsible for production of communications collateral for internal and external audiences and stakeholders. As Content Manager, you would manage various publications from end-to-end: gathering ideas, writing, editing, copyediting, reviewing, and ensuring timely delivery. This individual must be able to create and edit both fundraising and scientific writing to promote cancer immunotherapy research into compelling, easy-to-understand language. The Content Manager will work with stakeholders across the organization in developing effective and engaging communications. This newly created role is critical to driving brand awareness, revenue, community engagement, and scientific progress for our mission to save more lives.
The position is currently remote, but the new Content Manager would be expected to work out of our NYC Financial District office when it is determined safe to do so.
- Support implementation of communication strategies to reach and engage CRI audiences
- Manage CRI internal and external publications, including print newsletter, annual report, postcards, impact reports, regular website information updates, and other collateral
- Write, edit, and proofread copy for communications, marketing, and development assets
- Collaborate with staff and subject matter experts to create new content
- Manage freelance writers, photographers, videographers, or vendors as required to meet content needs
- Ensure a consistent brand tone, style, voice, and accuracy across content
- Create and share a calendar of publication timelines, keep projects on track, manage expectations, and ensure deadlines are met
- Organize and manage media assets and content
- Conduct interviews and research for content as required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in content writing and management
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks against deadlines
- Collaborative and creative storyteller
- Knowledge of content strategy and optimization for multiple platforms, including direct mail, website, email, and social media
- Possesses attention to detail
- Excels at problem-solving and adaptation
- Experience in medical, scientific, or public health field preferred
- Experience in creating multimedia content preferred
- Knowledge of Spanish an advantage
Email your resume and cover letter to Brian Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cancer Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer.