Position: Email Marketing Manager
The Cancer Research Institute is seeking an email marketing manager to join its marketing team.
Founded in 1953, the Cancer Research Institute (CRI) is dedicated to accelerating the discovery and development of immunotherapies to control and eventually cure all cancers. Guided by an expert Scientific Advisory Council, CRI invests in the most critical research, the development of promising new treatments, and unites the efforts of the field’s leaders worldwide. Through this work, CRI is transforming the paradigm of cancer therapy, enabling patients to live long, healthier lives free form the fear of cancer. The field of cancer immunology has made significant progress in the past decade. The successful application of basic research knowledge to the clinic has resulted in meaningful patient benefit. CRI’s focus on research will help to expand these treatment successes to more cancer patients throughout the next decade and beyond.
The Cancer Research Institute is seeking a dynamic Email Marketing Manager to join their marketing team in New York City. Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Email Marketing Manager will manage all marketing emails to CRI’s various constituents for fundraising, events, grants, conferences, and more. As email marketing manager, you would lead our email marketing strategy to grow our list of leads, engage our existing constituents, design and implement email marketing campaigns end-to-end, and provide testing reporting, and analysis. You will work with stakeholders across the organization in developing effective messaging strategies and creating compelling emails. This newly created role is critical to driving revenue, community engagement, and scientific progress for our mission.
The position is currently remote, but the new Email Marketing Manager would be expected to work out of our NYC Financial District office beginning in September 2021.
- Identify target audiences and grow our email list
- Identify weak points in existing audiences to reduce attrition
- Segment audiences to ensure targeted communications along sophisticated user journeys
- Plan and manage email marketing calendar to ensure clear and welcome communications and prioritize campaigns based on marketing initiatives and business KPIs
- Build automated email series, including setting up triggers, queries, and Email journeys
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns
- Design or adjust email templates, such as making mobile-friendly
- Write and/or proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling
- Integrate graphics, personalization, and advanced features into email marketing
- Test and track email marketing variables and metrics to optimize performance, such as A/B testing and utm code tracking on URLs
- Provide quality assurance and troubleshooting across emails
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Report on revenue generated from email marketing efforts
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices for deliverability and list hygiene
- Maintain relationship with email service provider and/or consultant; stay abreast of platform changes and upgrades that could impact marketing operations
- Monitor the latest email marketing trends and apply them to CRI email strategy
- 3-4 years work experience in email or digital marketing
- Strong experience with HTML, CSS, and email marketing systems
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online strongly preferred
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Excellent written communication, copywriting and editing skills, including ability to translate complex scientific concepts for a lay audience
- Strong project management skills; experience with PM platforms, such as Asana, a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Loves collaboration and teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Experience with ThankView, Crescendo, RENXT, and Paperless Post an asset
- Fluency in Spanish an asset
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Cancer Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.