Vanessa joined the CRI team in September 2014 as a senior research analyst for CRI’s Clinical Accelerator program. She is now the associate director for the Clinical Accelerator, where she works closely with the managing director of the CRI Venture Fund to help lead the program’s scientific diligence efforts and developmental strategies.
Prior to joining CRI, Vanessa was a postdoctoral fellow at NYU School of Medicine, studying the role of a common gene variant and its effects on Graft-Versus-Host-Disease. Vanessa received her Ph.D. from Albert Einstein College of Medicine studying T cell activation, her M.B.A. in Management/Finance from Mercy College School of Business, and her B.S. in Biology from Fordham University. Prior to graduate school, Vanessa worked as a research technician studying the co-stimulatory molecule ICOS in Graft-versus-Host-Disease and Graft-versus-Leukemia.
- Le DT, Hubbard-Lucey VM, Morse MA, Heery CR, Dwyer A, Marsilje TH, Brodsky AN, Chan E, Deming DA, Diaz LA, Fridman WH, Goldberg RM, Hamilton SR, Housseau F, Jaffee EM, Kang SP, Krishnamurthi SS, Lieu CH, Messersmith W, Sears CL, Segal NH, Yang A, Moss RA, Cha E, O'Donnell-Tormey J, Roach N, Davis AQD, McAbee KE, Worrall S, Benson AB. A Blueprint to Advance Colorectal Cancer Immunotherapies. Cancer Immunol Res. 2017 Oct 16. (PMID:29038296)
- Mellman I, Hubbard-Lucey VM, Tontonoz MJ, Kalos MD, Chen DS, Allison JP, Drake CG, Levitsky H, Lonberg N, van der Burg SH, Fearon DT, Wherry EJ, Lowy I, Vonderheide RH, Hwu P. De-Risking Immunotherapy: Report of a Consensus Workshop of the Cancer Immunotherapy Consortium of the Cancer Research Institute.Cancer Immunol Res. 2016 Apr; 4 (4): 279-88. Review. (PMID: 27036972)
- Hubbard-Lucey VM, Tontonoz MJ. Translating Science into Survival: Report on the Inaugural International Cancer Immunotherapy Conference. Cancer Immunol Res January 2016 4; 3.
- Hubbard-Lucey VM, Shono Y, Maurer K, West ML, Singer NV, Ziegler CG, Lezcano C, Motta AC, Schmid K, Levi SM, Murphy GF, Liu C, Winkler JD, Amaravadi RK, Rogler G, Dickinson AM, Holler E, van den Brink MR, Cadwell K. Autophagy Gene Atg16l1 Prevents Lethal T Cell Alloreactivity Mediated by Dendritic Cells. Immunity 2014 Oct 8.
- Diab A, Jenq RR, Rizzuto GA, Cohen AD, Huggins DW, Merghoub T, Engelhorn ME, Guevara-Patiño JA, Suh D, Hubbard-Lucey VM, Kochman AA, Chen S, Zhong H, Wolchok JD, van den Brink MR, Houghton AN, Perales MA. Enhanced responses to tumor immunization following total body irradiation are time-dependent. PLoS One 2013 Dec 12.
- Hubbard VM, Valdor R, Patel B, Singh R, Cuervo AM, Macian F. Macroautophagy regulates energy metabolism during effector T cell activation. J Immunol 2010 Dec 15.
- Hubbard VM, Eng JM, Ramirez-Montagut T, Tjoe KH, Muriglan SJ, Kochman AA, Terwey TH, Willis LM, Schiro R, Heller G, Murphy GF, Liu C, Alpdogan O, van den Brink MR. Absence of inducible costimulator on alloreactive T cells reduces graft versus host disease and induces Th2 deviation. Blood 2005 Nov 1.
Let's spread the word about Immunotherapy! Click to share this page with your community.