Samik Upadhaya, Ph.D., is a research analyst for the CRI Anna-Maria Kellen Clinical Accelerator and CRI Venture Fund. He is passionate about harnessing the full potential of scientific advances in cancer immunotherapy to help patients live better, longer lives. Together with the Clinical Accelerator leadership, he helps lead the program’s scientific diligence efforts, including analyses of emerging trends and challenges in the global cancer immunotherapy landscape. He also assists in the team’s collaborative ventures, clinical trial design, drug development plan, and maintenance of immuno-oncology landscape databases.
Prior to joining CRI, Samik completed his doctoral studies in Pathology and Molecular Medicine at Columbia University where he focused on investigating the spatiotemporal dynamics of blood and immune cell production. Following his Ph.D., he pursued a postdoctoral research fellowship at New York University School of Medicine where he developed new techniques to visualize and analyze in-vivo behaviors of stem cells of the immune system. He also received his M.S. in Chemistry and a dual B.S. (summa cum laude) in Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences from Central Michigan University.
When not at his desk, Samik enjoys the great outdoors and can be found running, biking, or hiking.
- Upadhaya S, Sawai CM, Papalexi E, Rashidfarrokhi A, Jang G, Chattopadhyay P, Satija R, Reizis B. Kinetics of adult hematopoietic stem cell differentiation in vivo. J Exp Med. 2018 October. (PMID: 30291161)
- Upadhaya S, Reizis B, Sawai CM. New genetic tools for the in vivo study of hematopoietic stem cell function. Exp Hematol. 2018 March. (PMID: 29501466)
- Sawai CM, Babovic S, Upadhaya S, Knapp DJ, Lavin Y, Lau CM, Goloborodko A, Feng J, Fujisaki J, Ding L, Mirny LA, Merad M, Eaves CJ, Reizis B. (2016). Hematopoietic Stem Cells Are the Major Source of Multilineage Hematopoiesis in Adult Animals. Immunity. 2016 August. (PMID: 27590115)
- Upadhaya S, Swanson DR, Tomalia DA, Sharma A. Analysis of Polyamidoamine dendrimers by Isoelectric Focusing. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013 November. (PMID: 24247550)
- Lee CY, Held RA, Sharma A, Baral R, Nanah C, Dumas D, Jenkins S, Upadhaya S, Du WJ. Copper Granule-Catalyzed Microwave-Assisted Click Synthesis of Polyphenol Dendrimers. J Org Chem. 2013 November. (PMID: 24127771)
- Lee CY, Sharma A, Uzarski RL, Cheong JE, Xu H, Held RA, Upadhaya S, Nelson JL. Potent antioxidant dendrimers lacking pro-oxidant activity. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011 April. (PMID: 20977937)
Let's spread the word about Immunotherapy! Click to share this page with your community.