Immunotherapy Patient Summit 2018
Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summits are free half-day Saturday events that provide a forum for patients, caregivers, and advocates to meet together along with scientific and healthcare experts to learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers.
In 2018, the Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, and Houston. Register today at no cost for the event nearest to you.
What happens at a summit?
The program will be held on a Saturday, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation by an expert physician-scientist
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion with four expert physician-scientists
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk by a patient treated with immunotherapy
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation by Cancer Research Institute staff
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated in clinical trials
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with expert physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Every summit has a unique mix of expert physicians and patients, so be sure to check who will be in each city and what cancer types will be covered in the breakout sessions.
Who should attend?
We invite people of all ages and cancer types. Caregivers, friends, family, and advocates are also encouraged to attend.
Why should I attend?
Learn the basics of immunotherapy and the latest research, get a better understanding of clinical trials and whether they are a good option for you, and gain perspective from other patients treated with immunotherapy. Let some of our patient, caregiver, and health care professional attendees and speakers explain:
Can I attend virtually?
Register for the Live Stream event to attend an Immunotherapy Patient Summit virtually. You can also follow the event on social media with the hashtag #CRISummit.
Thank you to our 2018 educational partners and community champions who have shared this resource with their communities:
- New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
- San Francisco [PDF] (July 8, 2017)
- Chicago [PDF] (August 6, 2017)
- New York City [PDF] (September 23, 2017)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 23, 2017)
- Tampa [PDF] (December 9, 2017)
- Houston [PDF] (January 27, 2018)
- San Francisco [PDF] (June 30, 2018)
- New York City [PDF] (September, 15, 2018)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 15, 2018)
- San Diego [PDF] (October 27, 2018)
- Houston [PDF] (December 7, 2018)
A browser plugin may be required for the PDF file found this page.