CRI Immunotherapy Patient Summit Series
Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summits are free online or in-person events that connect cancer patients and caregivers with scientific and medical experts to learn about new breakthroughs in cancer immunotherapy.
In 2020, the CRI Immunotherapy Patient Summit Series premieres a Virtual Summit in addition to a Summit in Houston.* Register today at no cost for the event nearest to you.
*Summits are subject to change due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. To ensure the health and safety of CRI Summit registrants, CRI is following guidelines of federal, state, and city health officials as well as consulting with experts at our partner medical institutions.
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on CRI Summit announcements:
SUBSCRIBE FOR SUMMIT UPDATES
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens at an in-person summit?
The program will be held on a Saturday, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from the Cancer Research Institute and hosting partner
- 10:15am: "Immunotherapy 101" presentation by a leading physician-scientist giving a basic understanding of key terms and ideas you might encounter when considering treatment with immunotherapy
- 10:45am: "Immunotherapy Research Update" panel discussion with four physician-scientists with expertise in immunotherapy
- 11:30am: "Veteran Viewpoint" by a patient treated with immunotherapy
- 12:00pm: Lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: "Demystifying Clinical Trials" presentation by the Cancer Research Institute
- 1:15pm: "Patient Perspectives" panel discussion with patients treated with immunotherapy
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for intimate groups of moderated discussion with physician-scientists on specific cancer types or a deeper dive into cancer immunotherapy basics
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks from the Cancer Research Institute
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Each Summit has a unique mix of expert physicians and patients, so be sure to check who will be at each Summit and what cancer types will be covered in the breakout sessions.
What happens at a virtual summit?
In response to the growing need for remote learning and digital resources for cancer patients and caregivers, we are launching our first Virtual Immunotherapy Patient Summit. Similar to our in-person programs, the CRI Virtual Summit will include
- An overview the immune system and the fundamentals of immunotherapy
- Interactive cancer-specific breakout sessions with leading experts, including lung cancer, melanoma, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and bladder cancer
- A panel featuring patients treated with immunotherapy
- Virtual confidential one-on-one clinical trial navigator appointments
Who should attend?
We invite people of all ages and with any type of cancer. Caregivers, friends, family, and patient advocates are also encouraged to attend.
Why should I attend?
Learn the basics of immunotherapy and the latest research, get a better understanding of clinical trials and whether they are a good option for you or a loved one, and gain perspective from other patients treated with immunotherapy. Let some of our Summit attendees and speakers explain:
Can I attend virtually?
Register for the Virtual Summit or the Live Stream event to attend an Immunotherapy Patient Summit from the comfort of your home. You can also follow the event on social media with the hashtag #CRISummit.
Thank you to our educational partners and community champions who have shared this resource with their communities.
- Baltimore (November 16, 2019)
- Houston (October 26, 2019)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 7, 2019)
- New York City [PDF] (September 7, 2019)
- Boston [PDF] (July 27, 2019)
- San Diego [PDF] (June 29, 2019)
- Houston [PDF] (December 7, 2018)
- San Diego [PDF] (October 27, 2018)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 15, 2018)
- New York City [PDF] (September 15, 2018)
- San Francisco [PDF] (June 30, 2018)
- Houston [PDF] (January 27, 2018)
- Tampa [PDF] (December 9, 2017)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 23, 2017)
- New York City [PDF] (September 23, 2017)
- Chicago [PDF] (August 6, 2017)
- San Francisco [PDF] (July 8, 2017)
- New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
A browser plugin may be required for PDF files found this page.