Our 2019 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to Houston on October 26, 2019.
Read Houston Summit Recap
View the Houston Summit photos:
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event for patients, caregivers, and advocates. Attendees learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers, ask healthcare experts and cancer veterans questions directly, and network with others.
The program will be held on Saturday, October 26, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation by Adi Diab, M.D. (MD Anderson)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion, moderated by Adi Diab, M.D. (MD Anderson)
- Jianjun Gao, M.D., Ph.D. (MD Anderson)
- Andrew Sikora, M.D., Ph.D. (Baylor)
- Valentina Hoyos Velez, M.D. (Baylor)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk by Dale Biggs, skin cancer survivor
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated with immunotherapy
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with expert physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- genitourinary cancer, moderated by Jianjun Gao, M.D., Ph.D. (MD Anderson)
- head and neck cancer cancer, moderated by Andrew Sikora, M.D., Ph.D. (Baylor)
- breast cancer, moderated by Valentina Hoyos Velez, M.D. (Baylor)
- general immunotherapy, moderated by Adi Diab, M.D. (MD Anderson)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Join us at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dan L. Duncan Cancer Prevention Building (CPB) - 8th Floor Conference Center, 1155 Pressler Street, Houston, TX 77030, on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.