Our 2018 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series comes to Houston on December 8, 2018.
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event that provides a forum for patients, caregivers, and advocates to meet together along with scientific and healthcare experts to learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers.
The program will be held on Saturday, December 8, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation by Andrew Sikora, M.D., Ph.D., (Baylor College of Medicine)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion moderated by Andrew Sikora, M.D., Ph.D., (Baylor) with
- Renata Ferrarotto, M.D. (MD Anderson Cancer Center)
- Cassian Yee, M.D. (MD Anderson Cancer Center)
- Jun Zhang, M.D. (Houston Methodist Cancer Center)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk by a patient treated with immunotherapy
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation by Cancer Research Institute staff
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated in clinical trials
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion
- head and neck cancers, Renata Ferrarotto, M.D. (MDACC)
- genitourinary cancers, moderated by Jun Zhang, M.D. (Houston Methodist)
- melanoma, moderated by Adi Diab, M.D. (MDACC)
- general immunotherapy, moderated by Andrew Sikora, M.D., Ph.D. (Baylor)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
If you would like to share information with a local hospital or cancer support organization, download the flyer to print and share.
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.
UPDATE: Unfortunately, Drs. Padmanee Sharma and Jim Allison are no longer able to attend as they will be in Stockholm for the Nobel Prize Ceremony. Dr. Amishi Shah is also no longer available.